FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- We do our best to get your order to you as soon as possible. Our average lead time is around 21 business days. Custom colors and special requests can take longer. Please do not hesitate to contact us about our current lead time.
- Once your order is shipped you will receive an email with tracking information. We ship via UPS which usually takes 5-7 days in the CONUS.
- Currently we do not offer sponsorships or have a brand ambassador program. We appreciate your ongoing support for upTOP.
- Don't see the vehicle you own in our current availability? We are consistently looking to expand our products to more vehicles. If you are interested in allowing us to use your vehicle for a prototype you will receive a deep discount not free. In exchange we will need the vehicle for 7-10 days for design, building, and usage for instruction manuals. Please contact us directly to inquire.
How do your cutouts work for the scenePOD?
- All upTOP racks ship scenePOD ready. This means that the cutout for our 3D scenePOD for Baja Designs as well as Extreme LED rock lights is preexisting and powder coated along with the rack parts. Small tabs are easily removable allowing the scenePODS to be added as you determine the need for them without the need for cutting on your new roof rack.
- The structural integrity of the racks far exceeds the weight limit on item you would mount them reasonably. We recommend not overloading the racks and referring to your vehicle specifications in order to not exceed the limit of your vehicle.
What are the racks built out of?
- All Alpha Series racks are constructed with 6062 1/4" aluminum. We have a two layered side rail system that features both our armorTEK and grooveTEK. The bars are a 1" x 2" 80/20 extruded aluminum. The mounting feet and front fairing are also both constructed with 6062 1/4" aluminum
What is armorTEK and grooveTEK?
- armorTEK is a slick little system that allows us to enhance the aesthetics of the rack on the truck while serving a functional purpose as well. The armorTEKs primary function is to hide and protect the wiring meant for rooftop accessories in a 1/2" channel between the armorTEK and grooveTEK.
- grooveTEK is our multi-functional tie down system designed to specifically lock in the hook of Perfect Bungee Bungee Cords. The way the teeth kick back the hook is unable to slide down and out from the beating of the trail.
What the is a thinFIN and why do I need it?
- The thinFIN is our replacement and solution to the obnoxiously tall shark fin that currently resides on the roofs of our Tacomas. It is 3D printed and finished with a matte black, UV resistant coating. With our thinFIN you can pull the 'guts' of of your stock antenna and place them in ours at 1/3 the height. You still maintain all stock functions and only minor modification is required, you must solder one connection. Additionally, the thinFIN features two holes in the rear that allows you to pass up to 6 - 16 awg wires inside a splitloom per hole.
- All racks are built on order, as such we are unable to refund or accept returns. We do offer a 48 hour grace period during this time you must email us directly to cancel an order or make any desired changes.
upTOP is trademarked and requires authorization from us prior to usage of the name in any format. Any inquires about usage or if you like to report fraudulent usage of the upTOP name please contact us.